Thursday, September 08, 2005

CMA Nomination Quotes - And, Questions

BRAD PAISLEY tied with Lee Ann Womack for the lead with 6 nominations for this year's CMA Awards.

"I'm blown away," exclaims Paisley. "I have been so wrapped up in making and supporting my new album (Time Well Wasted) that I honestly was exhausted and in dire need of sleep (until right now). What a great wake-up call! This is the kind of day you dream of when you make records...when you get this kind of good news. I am truly humbled by these nominations and of course, I can't wait to eat that New York pizza."

Neil Haislop reports that Paisley's nods include his first nomination in the Entertainer of theYear category as well as Male Vocalist, Single of the Year for"Alcohol", Song of the Year for "Alcohol" (as songwriter), Video of theYear for "Alcohol" and Vocal Event with Sara Evans for "New Again."

Sara Evans received two nominations from the Country Music Association as “Female Vocalist of the Year” and “Musical Event of the Year” for her duet with Brad Paisley “New Again.”

“All my life growing up I would watch the CMA Awards and dream about what it would be like to get nominated,” commented Evans. “Now I am kind of used to going to the Awards, but it is still such a thrill every year, it’s like Prom Night and being nominated for Prom Queen. I love the music, the clothes, the red carpet and seeing all my friends. I feel more connected to it now more than ever before.”

Rhetorical questions, not to take away from the nominees' richly-deserved delight: No Tim McGraw? No Reba nomination for female? How could Rascal Flatts miss Entertainer of the Year? How does Dierks Bentley get on the Horizon Award? Just askin' and nominating these as my personal picks who deserved better from CMA voters. -JA

No comments: