Monday, December 19, 2005

The Most Spun Country Song Of The Year

CRAIG MORGAN celebrates having the Most Played Song of the Year according to Billboard and the Most Heard Song of the Year according to R&R with “That’s What I Love About Sunday.” The tune was Morgan’s first single from his LP "My Kind Of Livin,’" and it stayed atop the Billboard country singles charts for 4 consecutive weeks and Radio & Records country singles chart for 5 consecutive weeks.

Craig was in an undisclosed location on a USO tour for the soldiers in Iraq when he heard the news today:

"When I heard this song, I immediately felt attached to it unlike any other song I'd ever heard," said Craig. "There are very few songs I didn't write where I have this kind of emotional attachment, but this one really talks about the things that are important to me. I'm extremely honored to have 'That's What I Love About Sunday' named Most Played and Heard Song of 2005. My friends at radio have been so supportive of my career and these are definitely the biggest awards I could ever ask for…it means to the world to me!"

According to Billboard, Morgan celebrates being #6 in the Hot Country Songs Artists category (based on audience listeners); #8 in the Top Country Artists – Male category as well as having two songs on the Hot Country Songs list: #1 - “That’s What I Love About Sunday” and #25 - “Redneck Yacht Club”.

According to R&R, Morgan also celebrates being the #5 Overall Most Valuable Performer and the #3 Male Most Valuable Performer.

In addition to that, Craig Morgan’s “That’s What I Love About Sunday” was chosen as the #1 Song of the Year for both Lon Helton’s and Bob Kingsley’s Year End Countdowns. Morgan’s current single, “I Got You” co-written by Craig Morgan, Phil O’Donnell and Tim Owens is steadily climbing the charts. “I Got You” is currently at #46 on Billboard and #42 on the R&R Country singles charts.

For additional information on Morgan, contact: Summer Harman, Director of Publicity for Broken Bow Records, 615-244-8600 ext. 24.

No comments: