Friday, January 27, 2006

Hal Jay - 25 Years at WBAP By Being A Master Of Change



I remember when Hal was a country disk jockey .. and for awhile was so important to the transition from country music to talk that he did both morning and afternoon drive shifts every weekday. Now that he's celebrating his 25th at
WBAP and anchors the 5-9 am morning news, it's a tribute to his professionalism and adaptability as well as the most recognizable laugh in the Metroplex. Hats off, Hal! I wish I could be there for 'Happy Hour."

Join News Talk 820 WBAP for a Happy Hour for Hal Jay's 25th Anniversary with WBAP, Thursday, February 2, from 5-7 pm at Los Vaqueros in the Fort Worth Stockyards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaye, I worked with Hal in Liberal, Ks. Back when I started in radio, his Dad was the manager of KLIB 1470. Here’s to Hal Harbuck Jr.
-- Bill Ray, Operations Manager/Programming, Salina Media Group, A Division of Morris Communications, Salina, Ks. (785-823-1111)