Monday, April 24, 2006

Burt Reynolds, The Inspiration For TK Tune? "NOT."

Neil Haislop writes: If you’ve watched a re-run of the Burt Reynolds good ol’ boy classic, “Hooper,” recently you might have noticed what we did.

During the famous honky tonk barroom brawl between Burt Reynolds’ guys and a gang of tough locals led by football Hall of Famer, Terry Bradshaw, one of Burt’s gang shouts, “Get Drunk and Be Somebody!” So, I asked Toby if that had been the inspiration for his song and he said, “No, I’ve heard that all my life, it’s a common saying, and you can bet there’s probably been a lot of songs titled ‘Get Drunk and Be Somebody,’ but I never heard a record of it.”

Since we were chatting about Burt, I asked Toby how it was to work with him on Toby’s film, “Broken Bridges?”“Burt Reynolds was a complete joy and we were glad to get him,” says Toby. “And when I saw the edited version of the film the other day and he is completely spectacular, the consummate pro, he’s big time”

Toby’s film will be in theaters around Labor Day.

No comments: