Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sometimes Localism Can Give You Goosebumps

Since my post on how very often localism takes dedicated, passionate people to achieve, I have been receiving many examples of how far local radio station air staffs will go to assist local causes every day, but this one from WSRG (97.7 The Big Dawg)/Sturgeon Bay GM/PD/Morning co-host Jeff Stone (click to watch video of "The Big Dawg Plunge - Stone is the one in the wheel chair) makes the point more coldly than any of the others thus far:
"This was our chilly plunge we did in Lake Michigan last week for Relay For Life. We raised over $2000.00 in just a few hours to get their drive jump started. I was supposed to jump, but of course I talked a volunteer hot girl in a bikini to do it for me....Ha Ha....But other morning team members Hervy and Colin did it! Great stuff."

No comments: