Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Roo Gets It

Something wonderful is happening every evening in Vancouver on JRfm. It's real social networking, using all the tools, being employed masterfully by Roo Phelps.

Tomorrow, I'll explain, share some recent studies, write an article. Today, just take a look at what happens when you engage and interact, "ask" instead of "telling":


93.7 JRfm - Vancouver's New Country
hey it's Roo....I'm playing Train on the JRFM new country challenge right now..."Hey Soul Sister"...thoughts...comments?

15 hours ago · · · Promote
Cody Hendriksen
Cody Hendriksen
There is nothing country about that song
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Lisa Fowler
Lisa Fowler
agree'd
15 hours ago · · · Flag
93.7 JRfm - Vancouver's New Country
93.7 JRfm - Vancouver's New Country
call and cast your vote 604 280 9370
15 hours ago · ·
Ricke Pants
Ricke Pants
What Cody said. May as well play Drops of Jupiter.
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Brianna McDonald
Brianna McDonald
awsome song, but not so country
please don't be like the Beat who play country music when they arent a country station
stick to the goold old country that JRFM is known for!
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Alexis Badger
Alexis Badger
hate that song, it's not country at all....it's the kind of song that belongs on Z or whatever that station is called now.
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Diane Paddle ʚϊɞ
Diane Paddle ʚϊɞ
I LOVE that song!!!!!!!
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Vicki Tunbridge Williams
Vicki Tunbridge Williams
Love the song!!
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Cecily Dickey
Cecily Dickey
Love it!!!
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Claire Woofenden
Claire Woofenden
I do love that song but it doesn't belong on a country station....
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Alexis Badger
Alexis Badger
yes for the love of god don't become one of those stations that play country one minute and R & B and other genres the next. I am afraid that JRFM is slowly drifting off of my regular radio play, mostly because I hear "the house that built me" SO MUCH IT'S ANNOYING! I've given up on doing those surveys, constantly saying I hate that song yet still hearing it numerous times in a day. But back to the point, that song is NOT country!!!
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Erica Kurpiela
Erica Kurpiela
It's kind of a sell out when you don't play music that's not country
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Robin Nessel
Robin Nessel
way overplayed
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Jennifer Parnell
Jennifer Parnell
Good song but its not country. Its like putting johnny cash or willy nelson on the beat.. =/
15 hours ago · · · Flag
Donna Sawyer
Donna Sawyer
Variety is the spice of life!
15 hours ago · · Loading...2 people · · Flag
Alexis Badger
Alexis Badger
Variety doesn't belong on a station touting that it is "COUNTRY" .....variety is for 95.3
14 hours ago · · · Flag
Julz T
Julz T
c'mon guys.... although i love it that you rock my country.... you can't make rock, Country
14 hours ago · · Loading...1 person · · Flag
Mathew Mosher
Mathew Mosher
DISLIKE!!! JR is a COUNTRY station... not a variety station! Let's keep it that way!
14 hours ago · · · Flag
Marlene Pierpont
Marlene Pierpont
Love that song but it's not country... I don't think Train is trying to cross over into the country market but there are a lot of country artists that have crossed into the pop market which is why you hear country on the pop stations now.
14 hours ago · · · Flag
Heather Tottenham
Heather Tottenham
dislike it as much as Carrie Underwoods new song,,JUST NOT COUNTRY!!!!!
13 hours ago · · · Flag
Tracy Mack
Tracy Mack
Love the song, but it does not belong pm JRFM.
12 hours ago · · · Flag
Jacquie Guyot
Jacquie Guyot
love it !!!!
12 hours ago · · · Flag
Jake Roder
Jake Roder
NOT COUNTRY !!!!!! GET THAT OUTTA HERE. if i wanted to hear that i would listen to some other station
12 hours ago · · · Flag
Jake Roder
Jake Roder
play Hicktown or something good instead !!
12 hours ago · · · Flag
Glenn Nelson
Glenn Nelson
Very much dislike!!!
12 hours ago · · · Flag
Jody Hagel
Jody Hagel
Good song, but definitely not country in the slightest. Don't let JRFM lose its touch :(
11 hours ago · · · Flag
Gail Baker
Gail Baker
AWE MAN - country challenge??? soul sister...ummm...YAH WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAID...hey Roo...go look up country music in the dictionary..if JRFM changes to be just like everyone else...i will just have to go download all the country music i can, and drop the station -my Ipod still has room on it...lots of room - please dont make me do that. its too much work..lol
11 hours ago · · · Flag
Susan Jane Rothenbush
Susan Jane Rothenbush
Absolutely, and without a doubt, NO!!!!! Keep JR unique, nothing but country!!
10 hours ago · · · Flag
Jody Hagel
Jody Hagel
To quote Tim McGraw: "I'm reading Street Slang for Dummies 'cause they put pop in my country.... I miss back when"
2 hours ago · · · Flag
Alexis Badger
Alexis Badger
Gail - I've started doing that, I rarely listen to JR now as I put all the songs I love on my ipod and have a radio adapter for my car :) ....I felt I had no voice with the music advisory panel, they still play that crappy Miranda Lambert song a million times in a day, so I said screw it and now I have my iPod with songs I want to hear!
about an hour ago · · · Flag
Leah Clark Shuttleworth
Leah Clark Shuttleworth
Alexis, you may not want to hear Miranda, but thousands of others do. I guess it's hard to please everyone all the time but good for you if you like your solution.
about an hour ago · · · Flag
Jean Dong
Jean Dong
Not all country songs are good and not all good songs are country. I think "Hey, Soul Sister" is a good song and is country enough for JR.
about an hour ago · · · Flag

No comments: